Have a question? Please take a moment to visit our page of Frequently Asked Questions.
2015/2016 Naples League Seasons
- Saturday, October 31: Evaluation Day
- Sunday, November 8: Game Day 1
- Sunday, November 15: Game Day 2
- Sunday, November 22: Game Day 3
- Sunday, December 6: Game Day 4
- Sunday, December 13: Game Day 5
- Sunday, December 20: Championships
- Saturday, January 2: Evaluation Day
- Sunday, January 10: Game Day 1
- Sunday, January 17: Game Day 2
- Sunday, January 24: Game Day 3
- Sunday, January 31: Game Day 4
- Sunday, February 7: Game Day 5
- Sunday, February 14: Championships
- Saturday, February 20: Evaluation Day
- Sunday, March 6: Game Day 1
- Sunday, March 13: Game Day 2
- Sunday, April 3: Game Day 3
- Sunday, April 10: Game Day 4
- Sunday, April 17: Game Day 5
- Sunday, April 24: Game Day 6
- (End of Program for 4-6 and 7-9 age groups)
- Sunday, May 1: Game Day 7
- Sunday, May 8: Game Day 8
- Sunday, May 15: Championships
** SUMMER 2016 programs such as clinics, camps or a summer league are to be determined. **
All players must arrive for evaluations at the Beginning of their particular start time as indicated by the table to the right for your child’s age group (see league tables below).
|09:30 am – 11:00 am||Jammer Division:
Boys 14 and older
|11:00 am – 12:30 pm||Little Hot Shots:
Boys 11-13 and Girls 12 and older
|01:00 pm – 02:30 pm||Mini Hot Shots:
Boys and Girls 9 to 11 years old
|02:30 pm – 04:00 pm||Introduction to Basketball:
Boys and Girls 6 to 9 years old
Boys and Girls Youth Basketball Leagues
Youth Basketball Leagues
|Introduction to Basketball||Boys and Girls 6-9|
|Mini Hot Shots||Boys 9-11, Girls 9-11|
|Little Hot Shots||Boys 11-13, Girls 12+|
Program Fee Schedule
- Introduction to Basketball: $90 program fee. 7 Week Program
- All Other Program Participants: $130 program fee for 7 Week Program and $195 for the longer Spring Seasons.
- Multiple Sibling Discount: 10% discount for each additional child from the same family.
- Coaches Child(ren): 1/2 off registration fee with prior approval.
Introduction to Basketball
The players will only have the weekend dates, no practice during the week. They will meet for 90 minutes late Sunday afternoons at Barron Collier High. They will practice and then have a scheduled game. A maximum of 36 players will be accepted for this program, consisting of only 4 teams. Players will play on goals of 8 1/2 feet height. For our more experienced 9 year old players, we suggest they register for the traditional league, under the Mini Hot Shot program. The Introduction to Basketball is designed for younger players and less experienced 9 year olds.
Which Age Group Should you Put your Child?
We use a child’s age as a barometer, not a decision maker. Each child matures differently and some kids start playing sports at earlier age than others. For example, an inexperienced 9 year old may choose to participate in our Introduction to Basketball program, while a more experienced 9 year old may want to play in the Mini Hot Shot Division of 9 to 11 year olds. Similarly, an 11 year old child that is relatively new to basketball, may want to choose the 9 to 11 Mini Hot Shot division, while a very experienced 11 year old may want to participate in the 11 to 13 Little Hot Shot Division.
Game Days and Times
All games will be played on Sundays
A mandatory Coaches Clinic will be held immediately following evaluations at 4:30 p.m.
- Each player will receive a team jersey.
- Champion and Runner-up in each age division, free throw shooting, sportsmanship, 3 Point shooting and or Hot Shot competition all receive league awards.
- Ages 9 and under play on smaller courts with various lower rim heights and are refereed in “coaching style” by some of the areas top varsity basketball boys and girls.
- Ages 10+ play on high school regulation courts with certified FHSAA Referees using High School rules.